I love movies. I also love the beach. Combine the two and you get… Moonlight Movies!
Okay, okay – cheesiness aside, I absolutely adored Moonlight Movies. When Pablo and I found out they were showing Men In Black, we put it on our calendars. I’m glad we did!
We stopped at Larry’s Giant Subs on the way to the movie so we could eat a picnic dinner. We arrived an hour early and staked out our spot. It’s a good thing we got there so early – it got packed! We did fun things while we waited, like play a trivia game and challenge each other at Cut the Rope. Pablo won, but I’m pretty sure he cheats. (Jk, I’m just a sore loser.)
And then it was movie time! I loved Men In Black. It was the perfect combination of funny and cheesy with a pretty interesting storyline. We brought a few drinks to enjoy during the movie. I also brought a gigantic bag of peanut M&Ms.
I encourage you to check out the next (and last) one of the season this Friday, June 1! Be mindful of the tips below and you’ll have a fantastic experience.
- Get there early! You want to find a decent parking spot, not to mention a good view of the movie.
- Bring something to entertain you while you wait. We just played apps on our iPhones, but it would be fun to bring a game like Catchphrase if you go with a group.
- Bring blankets AND chairs. We laid out a blanket to sit on before the movie and sat in the chairs during the movie. There are chairs available to rent if you don’t want to bring your own. I also suggest another blanket for you to use during the movie since it gets a little chilly down by the beach.
- Food is a must. I think it’s fun to bring a picnic dinner – just kind of ties the whole experience together. They did have concessions available if you would prefer to buy your food rather than bring it.
- Don’t rush home. Everyone rushes home. We opted to stop at Yobe afterwards to wait for the crowd to pass. Take your time – you’re at the beach!
The next and last movie of the Moonlight Movies series this summer is Babe: The Gallant Pig. It’s showing at 9PM on June 1 at the Seawalk Pavilion in Jacksonville Beach. Click here for more info.